[all][tc] Repository renames during OpenDev migration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 11 18:42:47 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-10 16:34:09 -0400 (-0400), Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
[...]
> Anything left will be moved to another namespace[8] unless/until
> the owner requests it to be moved elsewhere.
[...]
> [8] I'm not even going to name it here, lest this thread devolves into a
>     discussion about this name and nothing else.

Also, in case it's not immediately clear, in combination with the
details from the GitHub section of the earlier announcement at
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003603.html
the upshot is that on April 19 any repositories in the "openstack"
organization on GitHub which aren't part of the official set
described in this current thread will cease updating and be archived
soon thereafter. Their owners will need to coordinate with the
volunteer team who takes over management of the "openstack" GitHub
organization to have them un-archived and transferred to a different
organization if they want GitHub redirects to work. (I have it on
authority this is scriptable through their API and so can be batch
processed in bulk, but needs the initiator of the transfer in the
"openstack" organization to be temporarily added as an admin of the
receiving organization as well.)
--
Jeremy Stanley