[tripleo] Scale up/down Ansible tasks

Martin Schuppert mschuppert at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 07:22:31 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:58 PM Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Today I spent a bit of time on:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/scale-down-tasks
>
> Which is basically adding the capability of running Ansible tasks before a
> node is removed during a scale down or after a scale-up.
> I'm focusing on the scale-down right now, as I know it's something people
> have been waiting for (e.g. RHSM unsubscribe, Ceph OSD tear down, Nova
> Compute, etc).
>
> I need inputs from folks now, on what kind of tasks would be needed, I
> will test them and make sure the interface we provide is enough. John,
> Olie, and Martin in copy have maybe some ideas, please let me know some
> examples of Ansible tasks that you folks want to run before a node is
> deleted in Ironic.

For nova/neutron it would be to disable the service/agent:

(overcloud) $ openstack compute service list
(overcloud) $ openstack compute service set [hostname] nova-compute
--disable

(overcloud) $ openstack network agent list
(overcloud) $ openstack network agent set --disable [openvswitch-agent-id]

After service is stopped/or host delete
(overcloud) $ openstack compute service delete [service-id]
(overcloud) $ openstack network agent delete [openvswitch-agent-id]

Regards,
Martin

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/14/html-single/director_installation_and_usage/index#removing-compute-nodes