[all][tc] Repository renames during OpenDev migration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 10 20:44:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-10 16:34:09 -0400 (-0400), Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
[...]
> Before you ask, yes, there will be redirects.
[...]

The redirects for git.openstack.org to opendev.org have in fact
already been available for testing for a few weeks (and this week we
added rules which should properly cover git.airshipit.org,
git.starlingx.io and git.zuul-ci.org too). If you're interested in
helping us prove them further, you can add a line like this to your
/etc/hosts file:

2001:4800:7817:103:be76:4eff:fe04:e3e3 git.airshipit.org git.openstack.org git.starlingx.io git.zuul-ci.org

...or, if you don't have IPv6 access, like:

23.253.125.17 git.airshipit.org git.openstack.org git.starlingx.io git.zuul-ci.org

The expectation is that any hyperlinks to old cgit URLs remain
working, as should any git operations relying on http:// or https://
URLs (we unfortunately need to drop git:// support for a couple of
reasons).

As for any namespace changes and renames which happen during the
course of the transition, the Gitea service at opendev.org handles
redirecting those transparently and we've already tested (and in one
instance fixed a corner case for) that functionality.
--
Jeremy Stanley