[placement] Virtual Pre-PTG

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Apr 10 12:39:38 UTC 2019

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2019, Chris Dent wrote:
>> I propose we start the process the week of the 8th, giving us 3
>> weeks of discussion prior to the PTG, with the caveat that the week
>> of the 22nd my availability will be limited. Between now and then
>> make sure you topics get on the etherpads, along with as much
>> additional info as you would normally put there. Don't fret if you
>> think of something after the 8th, just put it on the etherpad as
>> normal, and we'll figure it out.
>
> I'm going to get this started later today using the "series of email
> threads" mentioned above. I'll give them '[placement]' and '[ptg]'
> and base them off whatever seems relavant from the two etherpads
> [2,3]. As before, feel free to continue adding to the etherpads.

I've started threads for everything from [2,3] that seemed relevant.
For each topic where I started a thread, I changed the top-level
topic to bold and made the next line a link to the archive of the
first email in the thread.

The discussion should continue through next week. As topics reach a
natural conclusion I'll summarize back to the etherpad. Anything
that seems fully done I'll move to another part of the etherpad. The
point with that is so that by the time the PTG comes around we're
only paying attention to stuff we got stuck on during this
email-based discussion.

As ever, if you remember a topic that hasn't already come up, please
add it to one of the etherpads.

Also, so it is clear, these discussions are for everyone. You don't
need to be a regular placement contributor or user to participate.
If you have something to say, we want to hear it.

And a reminder: There's a retrospective etherpad taking shape at [4].

Thanks

[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ptg-train-xproj-nova-placement
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train-retrospective