[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update XVIII - Apr 10, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:35:43 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 17th update (Apr 03 to Apr 09, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Highlights of the week:
* os_tempest doc build job was broken and bug
  in generate test-list file task are got fixed
* we have added tempest_services var to automatically enable
  tempest_service_available_{project_name} var.
* os_tempest got support of debian distro.
* We have added required os_tempest vars in tripleo CI in order to
  port periodic rdo third party job to os_tempest.

Thanks to Arx for tempest_test_whitelist featureset overrides,
mnaser for adding debian support and fixing doc job builds across
OSA, jrosser, odyssey4me, noonedeadpunk for helping on tempest_services
patch.

Things got merged:
os_tempest
* docs: drop sphinxmark - https://review.openstack.org/649859
* Fix Generate test-list file task - https://review.openstack.org/649604
* debian: add support - https://review.openstack.org/650499
* tempest_services var for setting tempest_service_available_{} -
https://review.openstack.org/649577

tripleo
* Add tempest_test_whitelist to allowed_override -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/648110/
* Remove the tempest_test_whitelist from playbook -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/648111/
* tempest_services var for setting tempest_service_available_{} -
https://review.openstack.org/649577
* Include vars of tempest_services and concurrency in fs override -
https://review.openstack.org/649553

Things in Progress:
os_tempest:
* os_tempest user guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/644570/
* Switch to import_task in os_tempest - https://review.openstack.org/650054

tripleo
* Update Standalone Periodic jobs in Master to use OS_TEMPEST -
https://tree.taiga.io/project/tripleo-ci-board/us/972

What is coming?
* We are working on porting standalone periodic jobs to os_tempest on RDO side
* FInishing Doc user guide

Here is the 17th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/004492.html