[placement][ptg] Resource Provider Partitioning

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Apr 10 10:31:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Jay Pipes wrote:

> I'd prefer to have the data model express the explicit nature of a 1:1
> relationship. It's simpler and easier to reason about.

FTR: I'm perfectly fine with that and in fact pretty much prefer it.
I agree it keeps things simpler and saner. I bring it up at this
stage of the conversation because this is the point where we want to
get all the ideas and options on the table and draw out people who
might have unique and illuminating perspectives.

Doing these conversations in email in advance of the PTG gives us
some license to cough out all the wild hairs so they don't tangle us
up later. If we discover a golden fleece, that's cool too.

/me tangles his metaphors