[telemetry][gnocchi] Gnocchi alternatives

Trinh Nguyen dangtrinhnt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:59:38 UTC 2019

Hi team,

Yesterday, we talk about Gnocchi and how it is embedded in many parts of
Telemetry these days [1]. Since we many things in Ceilometer have been
replaced by Gnocchi which is an external project, we need the project to be
sustainable at some point. I'm not sure about that since the Gnocchi's
cores change jobs recently (?). So, I continue here the discussion on
whether or not to find alternatives for Gnocchi. People have suggested:

   - Prometheus: we then can get rid of AODH and use Prometheus's Alert
   Manager
   - InfluxDB (part of Monasca): and because many parts of Monasca can do
   what Ceilometer/AODH doing we can possibly replace Telemetry completely (?)

Correct me if I'm missing something.

All ideas are welcomed.

Yours,

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/telemetry-train