CLOS networking support best practice?

Syd Logan syd.logan at broadcom.com
Tue Apr 9 01:42:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

Over the past few weeks I've experimented with neutron in search of an
"ah-ha!" moment at which point I've discovered how to best to use OpenStack
neutron to implement a large datacenter CLOS network that supports
bi-directional traffic between tenants and the external network(s).

While the exploration has been quite educational (and fun), I'm still not
there, and looking for suggested compass heading(s) towards best
practice(s) as of 2019. Back in 2015, a blog post
http://www.dorm.org/blog/openstack-architecture-at-go-daddy-part-2-neutron/
suggests a certain amount of heavy lifing was needed to support GoDaddy's
leaf-spine, but I'm hoping by now things might be supported a bit more "out
of the box". If not, what is best approach, and what is missing that needs
contribution in order to make it complete?

TIA and Best,

syd