[PowerVMStackers][Winstackers][uc][tc] Encourage to transform from project to SIG

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:52:22 UTC 2019

Dear PowerVMStackers and Winstackers members

(This idea is from Thierry, so I'm just helping to trigger discussion here.)

We now have most of Working Groups migrate to SIGs, so it's
governance under both TCs and UCs. And to further look through, there are
some projects are potential SIG meterial.
PowerVMStackers and Winstackers are two identical targets. They all
required cross-project works to achieve their mission and kind of *special
interest* (One for PowerVM, and one for Windows support across OpenStack).

There are two questions I would hope team members from both teams can help
to answer.

   1. Is the mission for your project completed?
   2. Is the team still active?
   3. Any concerns or objections on moving from project to SIG?

If we agree to change from project to SIG, I expect most of the tools will
stay the way it is. The only thing for the first step should just change
your project definition from project to SIG (like from PowerVMStackers
to PowerVM SIG). So it will not cause the team any effort for sure.

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin