[all] Removing privacy breaches in doc

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Apr 8 12:29:12 UTC 2019

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> writes:

> On 2019-04-07 00:01:58 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
>> Why not having them in openstackdocstheme (or similar)?
>
> Right now the images are compiled based on data stored in the
> openstack/governance repository, so it would probably be simplest if
> they were packaged separately (otherwise that data would still need
> to be pulled into another codebase somehow).
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

We release the governance repo as a library [1] so that some of the release
tools can use the API to consume the data. We could bundle the images
into that library and have the theme use it.

BUT, that would make the images depend on the point-in-time of that
governance library release, and the tags do tend to change.

It would be better to, as Monty suggested, restructure the documentation
so that dynamic components aren't needed for the regular docs. One way
we could enforce that is by removing the settings that ignore references
to "nonlocal images", which we have in the sphinx config files for a few
projects [2]. This would ensure that only images checked into git (or
built from other artifacts that are) could be included in the docs we
build through sphinx.

[1] https://pypi.org/project/openstack-governance/
[2] http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=image.nonlocal_uri&i=nope&files=&repos=

--