[placement] update 19-12

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Apr 1 14:51:12 UTC 2019

On Mar 29, 2019, at 9:07 AM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:

> * Some [image type traits](https://review.openstack.org/648147) have
>  merged (to be used in a nova-side request pre-filter), but the
>  change  has exposed an issue we'll need to resolve: os-traits and
>  os-resource-classes are under the cycle-with-intermediary style
>  release which means that at this time in the cycle it is difficult
>  to make a release which can delay work. We could switch to
>  independent. This would make sense for libraries that are
>  basically lists of strings. It's hard to break that.

Especially since strings cannot be removed. +1 to moving to independent releases.

> We could also
>  investigate making os-traits and os-resource-classes
>  required-projects in job templates in zuul. This would allow them
>  to be "tox siblings". Or we could wait. Please express an
>  opinion if you have one.

I googled ’tox siblings’ and got a lot of family relationship advice. So no, I have no opinion on this.

> We should do a bug squash day at some point. Should we wait until
> after the PTG or no?

I don’t think PTG makes a difference. Let’s wait until after Stein is released, and figure out a good date then.

-- Ed Leafe