[dev][qa][devstack] Release management for QA toold and plugins

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Nov 30 16:22:31 UTC 2018

On 11/30/18 4:05 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>>   ---- On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:29:24 +0900 Duc Truong
>> <duc.openstack at gmail.com> wrote ----
>>   > On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 6:39 PM Ghanshyam Mann
>> <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
>>   > >
>>   > >  > > * devstack-vagrant: never released, no change over the past
>> year. Is it
>>   > >  > > meant to be released in the future (cycle-independent) or
>> considered
>>   > >  > > continuously published (release-management:none) or should
>> it be retired ?
>>   > >  >
>>   > >
>>   > > I am ok to retire this based on no one using it.
>>   >
>>   > I actually use devstack-vagrant and find it useful to setup
>> consistent
>>   > devstack environments with minimal effort.
>>
>> Ok, then we can keep that. I will be happy to add you as maintainer of
>> that if you would like to. I saw you have done some commit and review
>> in Tempest and will be good to have you as devstack-vagrant .
>
> OK so in summary:
>
> eslint-config-openstack, karma-subunit-reporter, devstack-tools ->
> should be considered cycle-independent (with older releases history
> imported). Any future release would be done through openstack/releases
>
> devstack-vagrant -> does not need releases or release management, will
> be marked release-management:none in governance
>
> devstack-plugin-ceph -> does not need releases or cycle-related
> branching, so will be marked release-management:none in governance
>
> Other devstack-plugins maintainers should pick whether they need to be
> branched every cycle or not. Oslo-maintained plugins like
> devstack-plugin-zmq and devstack-plugin-pika will, for example.

Oh right, those exist too. :-)

Both the zmq and pika drivers have been removed from oslo.messaging so
those two repos can actually be retired once we no longer ci releases
that contain the drivers. In the meantime there isn't any need to branch
them since there isn't any development going on.

Not sure whether that affects your plans but I thought I should clarify
our plans for those two repos.