[openstack-dev] [kuryr] can we start kuryr libnetwork in container inside the nova VM.

MichaƂ Dulko mdulko at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 16:01:05 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-30 at 09:38 +0530, Vikrant Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I have seen the steps of starting the kuryr libnetwork container on
> compute node. But If I need to run the same container inside the VM
> running on compute node, is't possible to do that?
>
> I am not sure how can I map the /var/run/openvswitch inside the
> nested VM because this is present on compute node.

I think that if you want to run Neutron-networked Docker containers on
an OpenStack VM, you'll need OpenvSwitch and neutron-agent installed on
that VM as well.

A better-suited approach would be to run K8s on OpenStack and use
kuryr-kubernetes instead. That way Neutron subports are used to network
pods. We have such a K8s-on-VM use case described in the docs [1].

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/kuryr-kubernetes/latest/installation/devstack/nested-vlan.html