[Interop-wg] [dev] [cinder] [qa] Strict Validation for Volume API using JSON Schema

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 02:28:24 UTC 2018

On 11/29/2018 10:17 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> - To improve the volume API testing to avoid the backward compatible changes. Sometime we accidentally change the API in backward incompatible way and strict validation with JSON schema help to block those.

+1 this is very useful to avoid unintentionally breaking the API.

> We want to hear from cinder and interop team about any impact of this change to them.

I'm mostly interested in what the interop WG would do about this given
it's a potentially breaking change for interop without changes to the
guidelines. Would there be some sort of grace period for clouds to
conform to the changes in tempest?

Matt