[loci] Release management for LOCI

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 29 10:38:31 UTC 2018

Hi, loci folks,

The release management team has been conducting a review of OpenStack
official deliverables, to make sure nothing was falling between the
cracks release-management-wise.

As part of that review, we added a "release-management:" key to
deliverables defined in the project governance repository in case they
were not to be handled by the release management team using the
openstack/releases repository. For example, some deliverables (like
docs) are continuously published and therefore marked
"release-management:none". Others (like charms) are released manually on
3rd-party platforms and therefore marked "release-management:external".

In that context, the situation of the loci deliverable (openstack/loci
repository) is unclear. Is it:

1. meant to be released through the openstack/releases repository, but
just not ready yet (any hint of when it will be ?)

2. not meant to be "released" or tagged but more like continuously
published (in which case we should add "release-management:none" to it)

3. meant to be released, but on a 3rd-party platform like the Docker Hub
and not using openstack/releases to drive it (in which case we should
add "release-management:external" to it)

 From previous discussions it appears (2) would best describe the loci
situation, but I wanted to doublecheck it was still the case.

Thierry Carrez (ttx)