[dev] [nova] API updates week 18-48

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Nov 28 10:03:36 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Please find the Nova API highlights of this week.

Weekly Office Hour:
===============

No Office hour (Alex was not online)
- I  did bug triage during that time. Triaged 5 bugs and updated the API bug report etherpad.

Planned Features :
==============
Below are the API related features for Stein. Ref - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stein-nova-subteam-tracking (feel free to add API item there if you are working or found any). NOTE: sequence order are not the priority, they are listed as per their start date.

1. Handling a down cell
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/handling-down-cell
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/handling-down-cell+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: tssurya has progress on this and discussin with matt and melanie .

2. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
- Spec Merged
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No progress. I will take care of this after api policy improvement spec update.

3. Volume multiattach enhancements:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No progress.

4. Add API ref guideline for body text (takashin)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605628/
- Weekly Progress: It has one +2 and need one more +2.

5. Detach and attach boot volumes:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/detach-boot-volume
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/detach-boot-volume+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No progress.

Specs:
6. Nova API policy updates
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/granular-api-policy
Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/547850/
- Weekly Progress: No progress in this week. I will update  the spec next week.

7. Nova API cleanup
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-consistency-cleanup
Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603969/
- Weekly Progress: Updated the spec with review comment and added 2 more cleanup listed in etherpad

8. Support deleting data volume when destroy instance(Brin Zhang)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: No Progress this week. Waiting for spec review.

COMPLETED:
1. API Extensions merge work
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-extensions-merge-stein
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-extensions-merge-stein+status:open
- Weekly Progress: This was COMPLETED few weeks back itself.

2. Boot instance specific storage backend
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/boot-instance-specific-storage-backend
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/boot-instance-specific-storage-backend+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: COMPLETED

Bugs:
====
This week Bug Progress: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-api-weekly-bug-report

Critical: 0->0
High importance: 1->1
By Status:
New: 5->2
Confirmed/Triage: 32-> 32
In-progress: 36->35
Incomplete: 5->6
=====
Total: 78->75

NOTE- There might be some bug which are not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

-gmann