[OCTAVIA] How to monitor amphora

Joseph Davis joseph.davis at suse.com
Tue Nov 27 00:11:21 UTC 2018

Hello Sa Pham and others,
Just to throw another option in to your discussion, the monasca-agent
would also be able to monitor the cpu, memory, etc. on an amphora.
Similar to how the Ceilometer agent -> Gnocchi publishing would work, you
could then use Monasca services to track usage and set alarms. And
Monasca handles storage in a time series database (Cassandra or InfluxDB).
https://github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/Agent.md has
some details, an you can always ask questions in #openstack-monasca.
joseph
Adam Harwell wrote:
I would also note (though I'm guessing you've heard this from Michael
already) that logging and metrics for internal amphora data (like
Haproxy logs, agent logs, etc) is on our roadmap to officially expose
via some mechanism. We discussed possible ways to do this at the last
PTG, but we were just waiting on someone to have time to do a blueprint
for review. If you'd like to help get support for this upstream, you're
welcome (actually, highly encouraged!) to hop into our IRC channel
#openstack-lbaas and we can even help you get started. Hope to see you
there! --Adam Harwell (rm_work) On Mon, Nov 26, 2018, 10:19 Michael