[openstack-dev] [omni] Has the Platform9's hybrid multicloud project been abandoned?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 08:33:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:13 AM Blake Covarrubias <blake at platform9.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Omni has not been abandoned by Platform9. We're still developing Omni internally, and are working to open source additional code as well as improve docs so that others may more easily test & contribute.

It sounds like you're approaching this using an internal design
process, so you may like to check:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/opens.html

The most recent commit was over a year ago, so it's understandably
confusing to have an apparently unmaintained project, hosted under the
openstack github org, which doesn't actually follow our comunity
design/development process?

> With that said, I too would be interested in hearing how others are enabling, or looking to enable, hybrid cloud use cases with OpenStack. I'm not aware of any other projects with similar goals as Omni, however its possible I just haven't been looking in the right places.

Having design discussions in the open, and some way for others in the
community to understand the goals and roadmap of the project is really
the first step in engaging folks for this sort of discussion IME.

Steve