[openstack-dev] [nova] Can we deprecate the server backup API please?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:15:39 UTC 2018

On 11/18/2018 6:51 AM, Alex Xu wrote:
> Sounds make sense to me, and then we needn't fix this strange behaviour
> also https://review.openstack.org/#/c/409644/

The same discussion was had in the spec for that change:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/511825/

Ultimately it amounted to a big "meh, let's just not fix the bug but
also no one really cares about deprecating the API either".

The only thing deprecating the API would do is signal that it probably
shouldn't be used. We would still support it on older microversions. If
all anyone cares about is signalling not to use the API then deprecation
is probably fine, but I personally don't feel too strongly about it
either way.

Matt