[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 17 December 2018

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:26:11 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 17 December 2018

## News

This week was really quiet due to the holiday. Note that there won't be
keystone meetings or office hours for the next two weeks since they fall on
Christmas Day and New Years. If you have questions, please don't hesitate
to use asynchronous communication like the mailing lists, especially since
folks are likely on vacation and not lingering in IRC.

### Granular Instance Locks

There is a thread about solving the problem on granular instance locks [0],
which is kind of policy related. We're currently airing out all possible
solutions.

[0]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/001223.html

## Open Specs

Reminder that we're about a month away from specification freeze, so
specification reviews are important. I'd like to specifically call
attention to the renewable app creds specification [1] since that is one
the few left on our radar for this release.

Stein specs: https://bit.ly/2Pi6dGj

Ongoing specs: https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604201/

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 4 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2RLApdA

There are 117 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no
negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. It'll be good to start
ramping up review focus since we'll start running up against deadlines
shortly after the new year. Please have a look if you have time.

## Bugs

This week we opened 5 new bugs and closed 1.

Bugs opened (5)

Bug #1808859 (keystone:High) opened by Lance Bragstad
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1808859
Bug #1809116 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Kristi Nikolla
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1809116
Bug #1809237 (keystone:Undecided) opened by varocho
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1809237
Bug #1808550 (keystoneauth:Undecided) opened by Ievgeniia Zadorozhna
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystoneauth/+bug/1808550
Bug #1809101 (keystonemiddleware:Undecided) opened by leehom
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1809101

Bugs closed (1)

Bug #1809237 (keystone:Undecided)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1809237

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter
Dashboard generated using gerrit-dash-creator and
https://gist.github.com/lbragstad/9b0477289177743d1ebfc276d1697b67