[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update IV - Dec 19, 2018

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:11:14 UTC 2018

Hello,

As 2018 is about to end, Here is the last updates on collaboration on
os_tempest[1] role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Things got merged:
os_tempest:
[1.] Create basic doc structure - https://review.openstack.org/623512
[2.] Added support for installing tempestconf from distro -
https://review.openstack.org/622999
[3.] Revert "Use tempest run for generating subunit results" -
https://review.openstack.org/625070
     Revert reason: when --subunit flag is used with tempest run,
either the tests passes or fails,
    It was always returning success. We are investigating and working
on the same
        to fix it.
python-tempestconf:
[4.] Handle Forbidden exception when creating role -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/624411/
[5.] Adapt python-tempestconf to python3 -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/622343/
[6.] Add argument which allows users to add extensions -
https://review.openstack.org/620379

Works still in progress:
os_tempest:
[1.] Better tempest black and whitelist management -
https://review.openstack.org/621605
[2.] Update all plugin urls to use https rather than git -
https://review.openstack.org/625670
[3.] Remove octavia in favor of octavia-tempest-plugin -
https://review.openstack.org/625828
[4.] Use tempest_tempestconf_profile for handling named args -
https://review.openstack.org/623187
[5.] Add tempestconf_git_url var for tempestconf testing -
https://review.openstack.org/626092
[6.] Added support for installing python-tempestconf from git -
https://review.openstack.org/625904

python-tempestconf:
[7.] Add profile argument - https://review.openstack.org/621567

feature support in os_tempest,
         we found that we cannot test tempestconf patches with
os_tempest as tempestconf is getting
         installed by pip, that's why we were working on adding
support for the same to install it
         from git.

Thanks to evrardjp, odyssey4me, jrosser, arxcruz, mnaser, kopecmartin
for helping us on our silly queries.

Upcoming two weeks:
* Complete existing work in progress patches.

Note: We are sending next update on 09th Jan, 2019 as Holidays started.

Here is the third update [2]
Have queries, Feel free to ping us on #tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000831.html

Thanks,