[octavia][lbaas] Octavia v1 API will be retired along with neutron-lbaas in 2019.

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:59:05 UTC 2018

Hi Octavia folks,

I wanted to send a reminder e-mail out that we are planning to retire
both neutron-lbaas and the Octavia v1 API in September 2019 or the
OpenStack "U" release, whichever comes first.

The Octavia v1 API was used by the neutron-lbaas Octavia provider
driver and was not an end-user API. The Octavia v1 API is a
proprietary API and is not compatible with the LBaaS v2 API
specification or any other LBaaS API specification.

If you have questions about this deprecation cycle please see the FAQ wiki:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/LBaaS/Deprecation

If you have questions or concerns not covered by the FAQ, please reach
out to the Octavia team either by using the "[octavia]" subject prefix
on this mailing list or in our IRC channel #openstack-lbaas.

Have a great rest of 2018 and we look forward to working with you in
the new year!

Michael