[publiccloud]Choice of deployment tools

Nick Jones nick at stackhpc.com
Tue Dec 18 08:05:14 UTC 2018

I’ve previously bootstrapped a public cloud of a similar size using Foreman and Puppet.  However, that was over five years ago - if I was doing it again today I’d go with Kolla-Ansible.  Point taken regarding the documentation, but if you can make your way onto Freenode you’ll find the folks in #openstack-kolla a very helpful bunch.

As an simpler alternative to Triple-O, I’d also recommend you take a look at Kayobe: https://kayobe.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ <https://kayobe.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> or for a brief introduction: https://www.slideshare.net/MarkGoddard2/to-kayobe-or-not-to-kayobe <https://www.slideshare.net/MarkGoddard2/to-kayobe-or-not-to-kayobe>

Again, if you’re on Freenode then give us a shout in #openstack-kayobe

Good luck!

--

-Nick