[tc] Adapting office hours schedule to demand

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 17 17:51:23 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-17 11:58:36 -0500 (-0500), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> TC members, please respond to this thread indicating your support for
> one of these options:
>
> 1. Keep the 3 fixed office hours.
> 2. Drop the 0100 Wednesday meeting, keeping the other 2.
> 3. Drop all office hours.

As someone who usually manages to be around for the 0100 Wednesday
slot, I'm fine keeping it. In my opinion, we have it so that if
people in APAC timezones want to have an informal synchronous
conversation with a few TC members in the Americas timezones (where
a slight majority of us do still reside at the moment) we can point
them to that option. If there is a time which would be more
attractive to folks in the major population centers there, I'm fine
with that too.

I do think TC member office hours are good for us to offer our
community, even if they aren't often taken advantage of, so am not
as keen on your third option but would accept it if there's broad
support to drop them altogether.
--
Jeremy Stanley