[magnum] region_name needs to be configured in magnum.conf

Zufar Dhiyaulhaq zufar at onf-ambassador.org
Fri Dec 14 11:29:51 UTC 2018

I am following installation guide from magnum documentation. but I get an
error when trying to create kubernetes cluster.

*region_name needs to be configured in magnum.conf*

this is my full log :

[root at zu-bssn-controller1 opt]# openstack coe cluster create
kubernetes-cluster --cluster-template kubernetes-cluster-template
--master-count 1 --node-count 1 --keypair mykeyRequest to create cluster
bfdf76df-8b43-44e3-a094-90a76189610a accepted
[root at zu-bssn-controller1 opt]# openstack coe cluster list
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+---------+------------+--------------+---------------+
| uuid                                 | name               | keypair |
node_count | master_count | status        |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+---------+------------+--------------+---------------+
| bfdf76df-8b43-44e3-a094-90a76189610a | kubernetes-cluster | mykey
|          1 |            1 | CREATE_FAILED |
+--------------------------------------+--------------------+---------+------------+--------------+---------------+
[root at zu-bssn-controller1 opt]# openstack coe cluster show
kubernetes-cluster
+---------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| Field               | Value                                             |
+---------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| status              | CREATE_FAILED                                     |
| cluster_template_id | 560f72a9-d6ac-4404-ad9e-3cd129496022              |
| node_addresses      | []                                                |
| uuid                | bfdf76df-8b43-44e3-a094-90a76189610a              |
| stack_id            | None                                              |
| status_reason       | region_name needs to be configured in magnum.conf |
| created_at          | 2018-12-14T11:25:37+00:00                         |
| updated_at          | 2018-12-14T11:25:40+00:00                         |
| coe_version         | None                                              |
| labels              | {}                                                |
| faults              | {}                                                |
| keypair             | mykey                                             |
| api_address         | None                                              |
| master_addresses    | []                                                |
| create_timeout      | 60                                                |
| node_count          | 1                                                 |
| discovery_url       | None                                              |
| master_count        | 1                                                 |
| container_version   | None                                              |
| name                | kubernetes-cluster                                |
| master_flavor_id    | amphora                                           |
| flavor_id           | amphora                                           |
[root at zu-bssn-controller1 opt]#

Anyone know what is happening?

Best Regards,
Zufar Dhiyaulhaq