[tc][all] Documenting the role of the TC

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Dec 11 15:12:51 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

At the Berlin Summit there was a Forum session to do a retrospective on
the "TC vision for 2019" (written in April 2017). As Julia mentions in
her summary[1] of that session, one action out of that session was to
start working on a vision for the TC itself (rather than a vision by the
TC for OpenStack), as a living document that would describe the role of
the TC.

Content was collaboratively drafted through an etherpad, then proposed
as a governance review a few weeks ago. I just incorporated the latest
early feedback in a revision. Please have a look at the current strawman
and comment if you feel like something we are doing is missing, or
something is there that should not be:

https://review.openstack.org/622400

Like the "Technical vision for OpenStack clouds" document[2], this one
is expected to be a living document describing the current situation,
against which changes can be proposed. Once the initial version is
approved, it will let us propose and discuss changes in the role of the TC.

Thanks in advance for your comments !

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000586.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/technical-vision.html