On trust and risk, Australia's Assistance and Access Bill

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Dec 10 20:11:07 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-07 2:09 p.m., Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Over the course of my career I've had to make personal
> choices regarding installation and maintenance of legally-mandated
> systems for spying on customers and users. All we can ever hope for
> is that the relationships, systems and workflows we create are as
> resistant as possible to these sorts of outside influences.

To that end, I'd like to ensure that the people I know and trust are
aware that they can talk to me for any reason or no reason at all. I'm
not on irc as much as I used to be but my email still works. I care
about you and having to face this kind of decision is really really
difficult. Doing the right thing is frequently the least popular choice
and requires a lot of internal fortitude to stand up for what you know
is right and accept the consequences of doing so. Anyone I already know
who might be facing this situation is welcome to contact me and I'll
listen with all the support I can muster. Sometimes it helps if you
remember you aren't alone.

Thanks Jeremy,
Anita