[sdk] Establishing SDK Validation Baseline

Michael McCune msm at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 14:52:49 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:40 AM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Melvin Hillsman wrote:
> >  2. Would folks be interested in a SDK SIG or does it make more sense to
> >     request an item on the API SIG's agenda?
>
> As others mentioned, there is lots of overlap between API SIG and SDK
> work, but that would be a stretch of the API SIG mission, which they
> might or might not be interested in doing.

i don't necessarily have an objection to modifying the API SIG mission
to be more inclusive of the SDK work. i think this is something we had
actually hoped for after discussions a few cycles ago about how we
could be welcoming to the operators and users with SDK specific
issues.

i think for this expansion/inclusion to be optimally successful we
will need to consider re-starting a regular meeting and also getting
some new blood on the API SIG core team. we are currently at 3 cores
(Ed Leafe, Dmitry Tantsur, and myself) and the reasoning for our
meetings evolving into office hours was that it was just the three of
us (and Chris Dent usually) coming to those meetings. ideally with new
work being done around the SDKs these meetings would become more
active again.

peace o/