[sdk] Establishing SDK Validation Baseline

Michael McCune msm at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 18:36:25 UTC 2018

thanks for bringing this up Melvin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 1:13 PM Melvin Hillsman <mrhillsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Essentially the proposal is to deploy OpenStack from upstream (devstack or other), stand up a VM within the cloud, grab all the SDKs, run acceptance tests, report pass/fail results, update project navigator. Of course there are details to be worked out and I do have a few questions that I hope would help get everyone interested on the same page via this thread.
>
> Does this make sense?

makes sense to me, and sounds like a good idea provided we have the
people ready to maintain the testing infra and patches for this (which
i assume we do).

> Would folks be interested in a SDK SIG or does it make more sense to request an item on the API SIG's agenda?

i don't have a strong opinion either way, but i will point out that
the API-SIG has migrated to office hours instead of a weekly meeting.
if you expect that the proposed SDK work will have a strong cadence
then it might make more practical sense to create a new SIG, or really
even a working group until the objective of the testing is reached.

the only reason i bring up working groups here is that there seems
like a clearly stated goal for the initial part of this work. namely
creating the testing and validation infrastructure described. it might
make sense to form a working group until the initial work is complete
and then move continued discussion under the API-SIG for organization.

> Bi-weekly discussions a good cadence?

that sounds reasonable for a start, but i don't have a strong opinion here.

> Who is interested in tackling this together?

if you need any help from API-SIG, please reach out. i would be
willing to help with administrative/governance type stuff.

peace o/