[tc][all] Train Community Goals

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 06:20:36 UTC 2018

> > In other words, does #1 mean each python-clientlibrary's OSC plugin is
> > ready to rock and roll, or we talking about everyone rewriting all client
> > interactions in to openstacksdk, and porting existing OSC plugins use that
> > different python sdk.
>
> We talked about those things as separate phases. IIRC, the first phase
> was to include ensuring that python-openstackclient has full feature
> coverage for non-admin operations for all microversions, using the
> existing python-${service}client library or SDK as is appropriate. The
> next phase was to ensure that the SDK has full feature coverage for all
> microversions. After that point we could update OSC to use the SDK and
> start deprecating the service-specific client libraries.

That was my recollection as well.

> > In other words, some projects could find it very easy or that they are
> > already done, where as others could find themselves with a huge lift that
> > is also dependent upon review bandwidth that is outside of their control or
> > influence which puts such a goal at risk if we try and push too hard.
> >
> > -Julia

I do think there is still a lot of foundation work that needs to be done before
we can make it a cycle goal to move more completely to osc. Before we get
there, I think we need to see more folks involved on the project to be ready
for the increased attention.

Right now, I would classify this goal as a "huge lift".

Sean