[ptl] [openstack-map] New tags for OpenStack Project Map

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Tue Dec 4 18:33:48 UTC 2018

Following up on this thread from ttx [1], we are continuing to enhance
the content on the OpenStack Project Map [2],[3] through new tags that
are managed through the openstack-map repo [4].

* video (id, title, description) - This controls the Project Update
video you see on the project page. I've just pushed a review adding all
of the Project Updates for Berlin [5]

* depends-on - Things that are a strong dependency. This should be used
ONLY if your component requires another one to work (e.g. nova -> glance)

* see-also - Should list things that are a week dependency or an
adjacent relevant thing

* support-teams (name: link) - This is meant to give credit to adjacent
projects that aren't necessary to run the software (e.g. Oslo, i18n,
Docs).  We are still determining how best to implement this tag, but we
feel it's important to give some credit to these other teams that are so
critical in helping to maintain, support, and build OpenStack

If you have some time, please go to the git repo [4] and review your
project and help flesh out these new tags (or update old ones) so we can
display them in the Project Map [2].

Cheers,
Jimmy

[1]