[openstack-dev] [mistral] Extend created(updated)_at by started(finished)_at to clarify the duration of the task

Renat Akhmerov renat.akhmerov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:29:07 UTC 2018

Hi Oleg,

I looked at the blueprint. Looks good to me, I understand the motivation behind. The fact that we use created_at and updated_at now to see the duration of the task is often confusing, I agree. So this would be a good addition and it is backward compatible. The only subtle thing is that when you make changes in CloudFlow we’ll have to make a note that since version X of CloudFlow (that will be using new fields to calculate durations) it will require Mistral Stein. Or, another option is to make it flexible: if those fields are present in the HTTP response, we can use them for calculation and if not, use the old way.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia