[openstack-dev] [neutron] Opting-in to receive neutron-lib consumption patches

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:55:09 UTC 2018

Please read on if your project uses neutron-lib.

During the PTG [1] we decided that projects wanting to receive
neutron-lib consumption patches [2] (for free) need to explicitly opt-in
by adding the string "neutron-lib-current" to a comment in their
requirements.txt.

Based on the list of identified current networking projects [3], I've
submitted an opt-in patch for each [4]. If your project isn't in [3][4],
but you think it should be; it maybe missing a recent neutron-lib
version in your requirements.txt.

By landing the opt-in patch for your project's repo [4], you are
effectively agreeing to:
- Stay current with neutron, TC and infra initiatives thereby allowing
consumption patches to work with the latest and greatest.
- Help review and land consumption patches when they come into your
review queue. As we've discussed before there's about a 2 week window to
land such patches [5].

For project's that don't opt-in, you can continue to consume older
versions of neutron-lib from PyPI manually updating your project to
consume as you go.

Thanks

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-stein-ptg
[2]