[openstack-dev] [storyboard] Prioritization?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 24 22:35:04 UTC 2018

Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This came up in the Oslo meeting as a result of my initial look at the
> test Storyboard import. It appears all of the priority data from
> launchpad gets lost in the migration, which is going to make organizing
> hundreds of bugs somewhat difficult. I'm particularly not fond of it
> after spending last cycle whittling down our untriaged bug list. :-)
>
> Work lists and tags were mentioned as possible priority management tools
> in Storyboard, so is there some way to migrate launchpad priorities into
> one of those automatically? If not, are there any plans to add that?
>
> It sounded like a similar conversation is happening with a few other
> teams so we wanted to bring the discussion to the mailing list for
> visibility.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Ben

At the PTG there was feedback from at least one team that consumers of
the data in storyboard want a priority setting on each
story. Historically the response to that has been that different users
will have different priorities, so each of them using worklists is the
best way to support those differences of opinion.

I think we need to reconsider that position if it's going to block
adoption. I think Ben's case is an excellent second example of where
having a field to hold some sort of priority value would be useful.

Doug