[openstack-dev] [glance][upgrade-checkers] Question about glance rocky upgrade release note

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:06:21 UTC 2018

Looking at the upgrade-checkers goal [1] for glance and the Rocky
upgrade release notes [2], one upgrade note says:

"As Image Import will be always enabled, care needs to be taken that it
is configured properly from this release forward. The
‘enable_image_import’ option is silently ignored."

Are there more specific docs about how to configure the 'image import'
feature so that I can be sure I'm careful? In other words, are there
specific things a "glance-status upgrade check" check could look at and
say, "your image import configuration is broken, here are details on how
you should do this"?

I'm willing to help write the upgrade check for glance, but need more
details on that release note.

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003657
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/glance/rocky.html#upgrade-notes

Matt