[openstack-dev] [penstack-dev]Discussion about the future of OpenStack in China

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:12:21 UTC 2018

Fred,

I had a hard time understanding the articles. I'm not sure if you used
Google Translate to do the translation from Chinese to English, but I
personally found both of them difficult to follow.

There were a couple points that I did manage to decipher, though. One
thing that both articles seemed to say was that OpenStack doesn't meet
public (AWS-ish) cloud use cases and OpenStack doesn't compare favorably
to VMWare either.

Is there a large contingent of Chinese OpenStack users that expect
OpenStack to be a free (as in beer) version of VMware technology?

What are the 3 most important features that Chinese OpenStack users
would like to see included in OpenStack projects?

Thanks,
-jay