[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Removing external_bridge_name config option

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:35:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to share some information to help the migration from
external_network_bridge.

The background of the deprecation is described in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1491668

I also shared a slide to explain the detail.
https://www.slideshare.net/ritchey98/neutron-brex-is-now-deprecated-what-is-modern-way
Neutron: br-ex is now deprecated! what is modern way?

I hope these help you to push away the usage of external_network_bridge.

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki (IRC: amotoki)