[openstack-dev] [puppet] [placement]

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 17:33:10 UTC 2018

On 17-09-18 08:48:01, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM Lee Yarwood <lyarwood at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > FWIW I've also started work on the RDO packaging front [1] and would be
> > happy to help with this puppet extraction.
> >

> Good to know, thanks.
> Once we have the repo in place, here is a plan proposal:
>
> * Populate the repo with cookiecutter & adjust to Placement service
> * cp code from nova::placement (and nova::wsgi::apache_placement)
> * package placement and puppet-placement in RDO
> * start testing puppet-placement in puppet-openstack-integration
> * switch tripleo-common / THT to deploy placement in nova_placement
> container
> * switch tripleo to use puppet-placement (in THT)
> * probably rename nova_placement container/service into placement or
> something generic
>
> Feedback is welcome,

Thanks Emilien,

The only thing I'd add would be TripleO/THT powered upgrades, after
switching to puppet-placement.

We discussed this in both the Nova and Upgrades SIG rooms and the end
goal was to have TripleO able to extract placement during an upgrade to
S by M2. I appreciate this is an optimistic goal for upgrades but I
think it's just about possible given the extended cycle.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76