[openstack-dev] [octavia] Optimize the query of the octavia database

Jeff Yang yjf1970231893 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:52:17 UTC 2018

Hi, All

As octavia resources increase, I found that running the "openstack
loadbalancer list" command takes longer and longer. Sometimes a 504 error
is reported.

By reading the code, I found that octavia will performs complex left outer
join queries when acquiring resources such as loadbalancer, listener, pool,
etc. in order to only make one trip to the database.
Reference code: http://paste.openstack.org/show/730022 Line 133
Generated SQL statements: http://paste.openstack.org/show/730021

So, I suggest that adjust the query strategy to provide different join
queries for different resources.

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003751