[openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] Open letter/request to TC candidates (and existing elected officials)

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 22:03:12 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 3:55 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2018-09-12 09:47:27 -0600 (-0600), Matt Riedemann wrote:
> [...]
> > So I encourage all elected TC members to work directly with the
> > various SIGs to figure out their top issue and then work on
> > managing those deliverables across the community because the TC is
> > particularly well suited to do so given the elected position.
> [...]
>
> I almost agree with you. I think the OpenStack TC members should be
> actively engaged in recruiting and enabling interested people in the
> community to do those things, but I don't think such work should be
> solely the domain of the TC and would hate to give the impression
> that you must be on the TC to have such an impact.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Jeremy, this is not to say that one must be on the TC to have such an
impact, it is that TC has the duty more than anyone else to get this
specific cross-project goal done. I would even argue it is not the job
description of TC to enable/recruit, but to just do it.

--
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado