[openstack-dev] [goals][upgrade-checkers] Week R-31 update

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Sep 12 19:51:16 UTC 2018

On 09/04/2018 06:49 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 9/4/2018 6:39 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:
>> Would it be helpful to factor some of the common code out into an Oslo
>> library so projects basically just have to subclass, implement check
>> functions, and add them to the _upgrade_checks dict? It's not a huge
>> amount of code, but a bunch of it seems like it would need to be
>> copy-pasted into every project. I have a tentative topic on the Oslo
>> PTG schedule for this but figured I should check if it's something we
>> even want to pursue.
>
> Yeah I'm not opposed to trying to pull the nova stuff into a common
> library for easier consumption in other projects, I just haven't devoted
> the time for it, nor will I probably have the time to do it. If others
> are willing to investigate that it would be great.

Okay, here's a first shot at such a library:
https://github.com/cybertron/oslo.upgradecheck

Lots of rough edges that would need to be addressed before it could be
released, but it demonstrates the basic idea I had in mind for this. The
upgradecheck module contains the common code, and __main__.py is a demo
use of the code.

-Ben