[openstack-dev] [horizon][plugins] Development environment for Horizon plugins

Ivan Kolodyazhny e0ne at e0ne.info
Wed Sep 12 19:39:58 UTC 2018

Hi team,

Some time ago we've found an issue that there is no simple way to test
Horizon plugin locally with the current version of Horizon [1], [2].

It leads to the situation when plugins developers use the latest released
Horizon version instead of the latest master during new features
development. This issue is not reproduced on CI because Zuul does a great
job here.

We discussed this issue at the PTG [2] (line #163) and decided to go
forward with a such [3] solution for now instead of a custom solution in
each plugin like [4].

If anybody has any other ideas or concerns, please let me know.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128310.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/horizon-ptg-planning-denver-2018
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601836/