[openstack-dev] [tripleo] quickstart for humans

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 13:38:24 UTC 2018

On 8/31/18 6:03 PM, Raoul Scarazzini wrote:
> On 8/31/18 12:07 PM, Jiří Stránský wrote:
> [...]
>> * "for humans" definition differs significantly based on who you ask.
>> E.g. my intention with [2] was to readily expose *more* knobs and tweaks
>> and be more transparent with the underlying workings of Ansible, because
>> i felt like quickstart.sh hides too much from me. In my opinion [2] is
>> sufficiently "for humans", yet it does pretty much the opposite of what
>> you're looking for.
>
> Hey Jiri,
> I think that "for humans" means simply that you launch the command with
> just one parameter (i.e. the virthost), and then you have something.

yes, this ^^
I'd also add one more thing: if you later remove that something while
having the virthost as your localhost, and the non root user as your
current logged-in user, you remain operational :) Teardown is quite
destructive for CI, which might be not applicable for devboxes running
on a laptop. I have a few changes [0] in work for addressing that case.

[0]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:localcon+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

--
Best regards,