[openstack-dev] [neutron] [router] status bug

Bhatia, Manjeet S manjeet.s.bhatia at intel.com
Sat Sep 8 00:32:42 UTC 2018

Hi neutrinos,

I was looking at Bug [1], and noticed that router status stays ACTIVE even after -disable ?

-        openstack router -set disable router1

/opt/stack/neutron$ openstack router set --disable routerr1
vagrant at allinone:/opt/stack/neutron$ neutron router-show router1
neutron CLI is deprecated and will be removed in the future. Use openstack CLI instead.
+-------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Field                   | Value                                |
+-------------------------+--------------------------------------+
| admin_state_up          | False                                |
| availability_zone_hints |                                      |
| availability_zones      |                                      |
| created_at              | 2018-09-08T00:30:46Z                 |
| description             |                                      |
| distributed             | True                                 |
| external_gateway_info   |                                      |
| flavor_id               |                                      |
| ha                      | False                                |
| id                      | 6f88b5f4-dc94-44bd-89cd-9c0f2b374f79 |
| name                    | router1                               |
| project_id              | 05d72b0eff534ccf81e37b5d6e3402f6     |
| revision_number         | 1                                    |
| routes                  |                                      |
| status                  | ACTIVE                               |
| tags                    |                                      |
| tenant_id               | 05d72b0eff534ccf81e37b5d6e3402f6     |
| updated_at              | 2018-09-08T00:31:18Z                 |

Shouldn't it update the status to DOWN  ? before I open a ticket for bug I just wanted to confirm it ?

[1]. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1789434

Regards !
Manjeet Singh Bhatia