[openstack-dev] [election] [tc] TC candidacy

Samuel Cassiba s at cassiba.com
Fri Sep 7 16:19:05 UTC 2018

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Samuel Cassiba <s at cassiba.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:22 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/5/2018 2:49 PM, Samuel Cassiba wrote:
>>>
>>> Though my hands-on experience goes back several releases, I still view
>>> things from the outside-looking-in perspective. Having the outsider
>>> lens is crucial in the long-term for any consensus-driven group,
>>> regardless of that consensus.
>>>
>>> Regardless of the election outcome, this is me taking steps to having a
>>> larger involvement in the overall conversations that drive so much of
>>> our daily lives. At the end of the day, we're all just groups of people
>>> trying to do our jobs. I view this as an opportunity to give back to a
>>> community that has given me so much.
>>

>> Are there specific initiatives you plan on pushing forward if on the TC? I'm
>> thinking about stuff from the laundry list here:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker#Other_Initiatives
>>

> Excellent question!
>
> It's not in my nature to push specific agendas. That said, being in
> the deploy space, constellations is something that does have a
> specific gravity that would, no doubt, draw me in, whether or not I am
> part of the TC. I've viewed projects in the deploy space, such aq
>
> Furthering the adoption of secret management is another thing that
> hits close to home

...and that would be where an unintended keyboard-seeking Odin attack
preemptively initiates a half-thought thought. It's hard to get upset
at this face, though. https://i.imgur.com/c7tktmO.jpg

To that point, projects like Chef have made use of encrypted secrets
since more or less the dawn of time, but not at all in a portable way.
Continuing the work to bring secrets under a single focus is something
that I would also be a part of, with or without being on the TC.

In both of these efforts, I envision having some manner of involvement
no matter what. At the strategic level, working to ensure the
disparate efforts are in alignment is where I would gravitate to.

Best,
Samuel