[openstack-dev] [networking-odl][networking-bgpvpn][Telemetry] all requirement updates are currently blocked

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Sep 7 04:18:47 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 01:33:12PM +0300, Michel Peterson wrote:

> I remember that before landing the problematic patch [1] there was some
> discussion around it. Basically the problem was not n-odl but ceilometer
> not being in pypi, but we never foresaw this problem.
>
> Now that the problem is so critical, the question is how can we, from the
> n-odl team, help in fixing this? I am open to help in any effort that
> involves n-odl or any other project.

As other have pointed out we can just ask the Telemetry team (PTL on CC)
why we can't publish ceilometer to pypi?
https://pypi.org/project/ceilometer/ certainly seems to be the right
project.

The crux of the code issue is:
from ceilometer.network.statistics import driver

in networking_odl/ceilometer/network/statistics/opendaylight_v2/driver.py

If this is supposed to be used they way you are how are prjects supposed
to get the ceilometer code?

Yours Tony.