[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu Sep 6 17:00:17 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
Once again we did not have anything too controversial to discuss this week. We talked a bit about the Open API 3.0 discussions, but until there is something concrete to work with, there really isn't much for the API-SIG to do other than facilitate these conversations. One SIG member, elmiko, shared his tool for code generation from Open API , which led to a broader discussion on code generation in general. Not exactly a pure API-related topic, but interesting nonetheless.
As there were no new guidelines to review or bugs to fix, the remaining part of the meeting was to discuss the plans for the API-SIG session  at the upcoming Denver PTG . We were hoping to attract a bigger crowd by including a topic like "Running your serverless microversioned blockchain in Kubernetes", but unfortunately cdent liked that topic so much he sold it to some VCs and retired a rich man.
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
# Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Add an api-design doc with design advice
* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev