[openstack-dev] [mistral][release] Cherry-pick migration to stable/rocky

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 09:52:41 UTC 2018

On 5 September 2018 at 10:31, Pierre Gaxatte <pierre.gaxatte at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Related change: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599606
>
> I'd like to push this to stable/rocky because this bug affects me in
> production and I'd like to be able to upgrade to rocky to fix this. I
> understand that new migrations should not be added to a stable branch
> and Renat Akhmerov advised me to ask here to make an exception.
>
> Now for some context on this bug:
>
> The `auth_context` in `delayed_calls_v2` holds the entire catalog
> provided by the client to run actions and currently it can hold 64kB on
> mysql (JsonDictType => TEXT field).
>
> Some of our customers have a large catalog because we expose many
> regions to them and a region weighs around 5kB in our catalog (many
> services, long URL for the endpoints...).
> So above around 10 regions presented to a project the catalog cannot be
> held in the `auth_context` field and no execution can be performed in
> mistral from this project.
>
> The change fixes that simply by increasing the maximum size of the field.
>
> So I'm seeking approval from the stable branch team to merge this change.
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre

Thanks for sending this email.

I am happy for the change to be backported, given the Rocky release is just
out the door the changes are minimal and easy to apply. The impact is also
high enough as it resolves problems for real production environments.

We should add a release note to the backport, but I am happy for this to be
added as a follow up (before we make the next Rocky release).

(Note: I added [release] to the email subject, as I think that will make it
visible to the right folks.)

Cheers