[openstack-dev] Retiring openstack-infra/odsreg and openstack-infra/puppet-odsreg

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Sep 5 07:40:04 UTC 2018

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Puppet-odsreg is unused nowadays and it seems that odsreg is unused as
> well. I'll propose changes to retire them with topic "retire-odsreg",

So... we actually still used odsreg until recently for Forum
submissions. The Berlin Forum is the first one where we won't use it, so
I feel it's a bit too early to retire that codebase. If the current plan
(which is to reuse the CFP app from the website) does not work, we'd
certainly welcome having a plan B.

If you REALLY want it gone NOW I guess we could just push it to GitHub
and keep it there until we are 100% sure we won't need it anymore, but
that sounds a bit silly.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)