[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [Cyborg] Cyborg-Neutron interaction for programmable NICs

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Wed Sep 5 05:17:01 UTC 2018

Hello Neutron folks,
      There is emerging interest in programmable NICs that combine FPGAs
and networking in different ways. I wrote up about one category of them
here:

    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/fpga-networking

This was discussed at the Neutron meeting on Sep 3 [1]. This approach to
programmable networking raises many questions. I have summarized them in
this etherpad and proposed a possible solution.

Please review this. We have a session in the PTG on Thursday (Sep 13)
from 3:15 to 4:15 pm on this topic.

Given the level of interest that we are seeing, I hope we get some
agreement early enough that we can do at least some POCs in Stein cycle.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-meeting/%23openstack-meeting.2018-09-03.log.html#t2018-09-03T21:43:48

Regards,
Sundar